News Flash, News Flash, News Flash, News Flash

News Flash, News Flash, News Flash, News Flash

Hi my crafting friends. I'm going to be doing something new here at A Touch of Pink. I am going to be starting a Monthly Newsletter. This newsletter will contain product reviews, tips, guides and up coming events just to name a few. If you would like to sign up for this Monthly Newsletter you can email me at. eiditorofpinkscrapper@gmail.com. Please put "Monthly Newsletter" in the subject line so I know that you would like to subscribe. I hope to share lots of great information with you each month and find out what you would like to know more about. Thank you to all who visit A Touch of Pink.

Happy Scrappin
Scrappingpinklady

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mini gum box purse album

















First off this idea is not my own. I saw a video on Youtube and cant remember who is was by. So I need to give the credit to them. When I saw this idea I fell in love with it. In the top picture you can see the gum box with all the gum out before I started. I did learn some things doing this that I think would make it better next time I do one. I covered the box in sections with paper and that let some of the pink box show through. I think I would cover the whole outside with one piece of paper next time. Second I used my cropidile to punch the whole for the purse handles. I should have used the small hole punch instead of the large hole. Third I found I needed to be carefull because the gum box was a not real sturdy. Its not flimsy but you do need to be careful with it. I made the tags on My Cricut Expressions from the Plantin cart. I used the scalloped tag cut 3 1/ 4 inches. They fit in the openings just right. I cut one out of pp and one out of white cs and glued together. The white side for journaling and they other side for a picture. I inked both sides of the tag in brown distressing ink. I didnt add much for embellishements other them some stickers as it would make it hard for them to fit in the pockets. I added lace to the front and rick rac to the back. I do need to get some velcor to hold the front down. Please let me know what you think or if you have ideas on how to improve on this for next time. Happy Thursday and thanks for looking.


2 comments:

Kristina said...

OOh I think it's quite cute! I'm goinf to see if I can make a cut file for one of those boxes since I don't usually buy gum :(
Hugs,
Kristina

Brenda said...

awww how clever...I love it!!!
hugs
Brenda